Best Lighted Instant Cabin Tent for 2020
Updated: May 2, 2020
Our choice for the Best Lighted Instant Cabin Tent for 2020 is from CORE. The CORE 12 Person Lighted Instant Cabin Tent measures in at 18’ x 10’ with a center height of 80 inches. It has 4.5 stars and cost around $400. Come with us and look and see what this Family Tent has to offer.
We are Familytentspro. Com. We do the legwork and check out the reviews and technical data for you so that you can make an educated decision on you Large Tent purchase. We are Amazon Affiliates so we may receive a commission if you choose to purchase this tent. However, being Amazon Affiliates allows us to be unbiased in our reviews as no one brand is supporting our site. With this information, we try to make your purchase wise and knowledgeable.
Now, lets get into the review for the CORE 12 Person Lighted Cabin Tent. As stated, this is a very large tent at 18’ x 10’ allowing you to bring the whole family. It easily handles 3 queen air beds and 6 adults. It comes with 2 room dividers allowing you to make 3 rooms in this Large Tent. Sleeping quarters for parents and children and an entertainment area would be a plus during your trip. The size of this Large Family Tent especially with the 2 room dividers is one of the reasons we feel this is the Best for 2020 in this class.
As stated in the title, It is a lighted tent with a Light in the center. It also uses diffusion panels to spread the light throughout the tent and rooms. It is powered by 4D batteries or a power pack sold separately. The light is a 950 lumens light with 3 separate settings for your comfort and convenience. It also has a wall switch next to the door to control the light. This feature allows you to control the light at the doorway, such an important feature.
Another feature is the H2O block technology and taped seems. This, coupled with the rainfly, helps keep the water and moisture out of the tent and you gear dry. As always, we do recommend treating the tent with a water repellant to add more security in this area. Rain resistance on this tent is very good and is a very important item on our listing for Best tent for 2020.
The CORE 12 Person Lighted Cabin Tent comes with a T-Door in the front that allows you to walk into the tent. This also makes it easy to bring your gear into the tent and set up. There is also a D-Door at the back for even more convenience. Also, the front door is covered by an awning to help keep the rain out and a mat that secures to the tent to help keep the dirt and mud out.
Ventilation in this tent is also good, with lower vents at the floor and the mesh ceiling, air can circulate freely. However, in warmer weather, it’s a good idea to bring a fan to help move air. Even so, this Large Family Tent comes in at the top for ventilation.
Set up on this tent is also good. Keep in mind, a tent of this size normally takes 2 people for the setup. Set up in made easier with telescoping poles and takes under 10 minutes with most saying 5 minutes is the benchmark. Being an Instant tent, this keeps assembly straight forward. The tent stakes are also included, but as with most tents today, you should plan on purchasing good quality stakes. This aides in the structure, security and weather resistance of this Large Tent. The last thing you need during your Large Family Camping Trip is the failure of your stakes, causing the tent to fail.
Please note that the CORE 12 Person Lighted Cabin Tent comes with a One year warranty from the manufacturer. Also, being available in Amazon Prime, you also have access to their customer service which is always a plus. In addition, shipping is no problem.
Complaints on the CORE 12-Person Lighted Instant Cabin Tent is as follows:
1. seam at top starting to tear
2. bad zipper and the zipper binds
3. batteries don't fit right
4. room dividers very thin
Pros to the Tent:
1. Rain resistance is good
2. Awning is great. This added feature helps keep rain out of the doorway and tent.
3. Light is a nice feature with 3 brightness settings.
4. Storage bag is good. Tent fits easily into it
5. Ventilation is good with vents at base and mesh ceiling
6. Doors front and back make entry easy. T-Door in front and D-Door in back
7. Very Spacious, Large Family Tent. Large footprint of 18’ x 10’
8. Easy to assemble and disassembly. Under 5 minutes.
1. Couple of reviews mention problem with bad zippers from the get go.
2. There was a mention of rain penetration in heavy rain, however most reviews stated that the rain resistance was good. As always, we recommend sealing the tent with a rain repellant for added security.
3. Weight is 50 pounds so this tent is not for hiking and backpacking. It is bulky. Best suited for extended stay camping and car camping.
4. It only had approximately 20 reviews so not a large pool of reviews
5. Assembly of a tent this size does require 2 people. 1 person is not really an option. However, being an instant tent, assembly average around 5 minutes.
To sum up, The CORE 12 Person Lighted Cabin tent is of good quality and very spacious. It is a Large Family Tent the has 3 rooms. Rain resistance is good. With ample room and great ventilation, this is a great tenting option for a party of 6 to 8 people who are planning on car camping or extended camping. These are the reasons why we have chosen this to be our choice for the Best Lighted Instant Cabin Tent for 2020.