Core 12-Person Straight Wall Cabin Tent
Updated: Nov 10, 2020
Today we will be reviewing the Core 12-Person Cabin Tent. This Large Family tent is spacious enough for your family and a pet. Built by Core, this tent will serve as your portable home and base for your next getaway.
We are Familytentspro.com. We review the technical data and read the reviews so you don’t have to . We compile this information so you can have the important information at your fingertips so you can make the best choice for your next Family tent.
We are also Amazon Affiliates. This allows us to give you and unbiased review as we are not obligated to any one manufacturer. This means that we may receive a commission should you choose to purchase your Family tent based on our information. Now, let’s get down to it.
The Core-12 Person Cabin Tent currently has 4.5 stars out of 5. It has 330 reviews and is available on Amazon for approximately $299. So price wise, it is a lot of tent for the price.
This large family tent is a straight walled cabin tent, so assembly is under 20 minutes. Keep in mind, two persons is best for the assembly. This is mainly due to the overall size of the tent. Its footprint is 16’ by 11’ by 86” high. This tent comes with the poles that are color coded to aid in assembly. They only need to be inserted into the sleeves. Next, you would stake the tent down to the ground. Then you would install the rainfly which is of a good size and construction. Finally, you would secure the guide wires.
Once assembled, this large family tent, has ample space for your vacation getaway. It comes with 2 room dividers so that you will have 3 rooms for your pleasure. In addition, the ceiling height of 80” allows you to stand up and roam throughout the entire tent. Think of it as your portable hotel. The 3 rooms can be used for sleeping, entertainment and a room for your pet. Nice, right. Also, please note that this Large tent can accommodate up to 3 queen beds comfortably.
A tent this size also provides great ventilation. First, the Core 12-person Cabin Tent has a mesh ceiling, so when the rainfly is off, you have a great view of the stars and great airflow. In addition, it has vents at the base of the tent, 6 windows and 2 Doors. All this means you have proper ventilation to keep you comfortable while on you adventure. The 2 T-style doors also make entry into this tent easy. You will be able to enter while standing up. It also makes moving your gear into the tent simple.
Other great amenities include a Lantern hook and gear loft, Storage Pockets for your valuables, and even an awning over the door. This great feature helps keep the water out. To further help keep water out, this Family Tent has a tub style base which comes up 3” on all sides. This base is made of a tarp material and is durable. Keep in mind that we also recommend adding a tarp under the tent for added strength and security. This helps keep rocks and sticks from penetrating the bottom of the tent.
Now down to the reviews. After compiling the information, we have listed the pros and cons of Core 12-person Cabin tent.
1. Very spacious and well received with occupants. Over 70% of the reviews love the size. Also, the 2 room dividers, making 3 rooms, is an awesome feature.
2. Setup of this Large Family Tent is easy, but will require 2 people based on its size. The poles are color coded to make the job easier. Simply insert into the sleeves and raise the tent.
3. Great rain resistance. It keeps the rain out and you and your gear dry. The rainfly, awning and covered windows all improve the resistance. In addition, we also recommend that you add a water repellant for even better water resistance.
4. Extras such as the awning, pockets, gear loft and lantern hook make your trip even more convenient.
5. Instructions for the assembly of the tent are good and easy to read
6. The tent disassembly is also easy and the tent rolls up and fits into the carry bag.
7. Price is great for a Large Family tent of this size
1. While this is a sturdy tent, due to its size, it does have issue in strong winds. Winds above 25 mph can cause damage to the poles.
2. As with most tents, The zippers tend to stick. This can be eased by adding bees wax. A lot of times, you can alter how the tent is staked to reduce stress on the zippers.
3. The Tub-style base is a great feature, however, the tarp material is relatively thin and is prone to puncturing. We advise adding a tarp under the tent. This will give you an extra layer to keep sticks and stones from puncturing the base.
4. Tent stakes are of not good quality. As with most manufacturers, the stakes are cheap. Go buy yourself some quality stakes. It will make your assembly even easier.
5. This Large Tent is not for hiking and backpacking due to the fact that it weighs around 50 pounds. It is heavy and bulky.
6. This is a large cabin tent and will require 2 people for assembly.
In summary, the Core 12-Person Cabin Straight Wall Tent is a spacious, well constructed Family tent. The 3 room add even more comfort to your camping experience. This tent is weatherproof assembly goes off without a hitch. This tent is great for Car Camping and extended camping for your entire family. Also, this tent is best suited for a 3 season tent, with great ventilation. The $299 price tag provides a lot of tent for a good price. Also, available on Amazon gets you their excellent shipping options and their customer service, which is always a bonus.